Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Diddy: I didn’t judge Chris Brown & Rihanna, I supported them


Diddy has said he wasn’t condoning domestic abuse when he allowed Chris Brown and Rihanna to stay at his Florida home.

After their allegedly assault incident a month ago, the couple spent three weeks in hiding at separate locations but reconciled at Diddy’s Miami mansion at the end of last month.

Speaking in an interview on The Ellen DeGeneres Show yesterday, Diddy, real name Sean Combs, explained: “We know sometimes relationships get ugly [but] I don’t think it’s right for anybody to hit anybody.

“It was a dark time for them and I was there as more of a support.

“I’m not immersed in [their situation]. I’m not going to pass judgement on it. I’m going to be there as a friend.

“I don’t cast a stone - cast judgement on anybody. So, if friends ask me for a favour, then I’m going to be there for a favour as long as I know the energy of the favour is positive.

“We don’t know exactly what’s going on. There are two young individuals [involved]. We need to pray for them.”

In related news, Chris Brown’s spokesperson has denied new rumours that the assault incident was sparked by flirtatious text messages from Chris’ manager Tina Davis.

A police source has claimed the messages about “hooking up” came from “from a woman who Brown had a previous sexual relationship with” but Chris’ spokesperson George Davis has said there is no truth in the claims: “Those are old rumours”.

No comments: