Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Rush On Michael Steele: He's Alright, But He's Not Real...

I've been pretty hard on Michael Steele for his abuse of Ebonics. But I think his most recent sonning courtesy of Rush Limbaugh needs to be put in perspective:


"My intent was not to go after Rush - I have enormous respect for Rush Limbaugh," Mr. Steele told The Politico. "I was maybe a little bit inarticulate. There was no attempt on my part to diminish his voice or his leadership."

I'm not offended that Steele is kow-towing to Rush. I'm offended that Steele would wrap himself in the garb on hip-hop, and then apologize to Rush.

Man listen: The first rule for establishing "Off The Hook Urban-Suburban Hip-Hop Strategies" is if you gonna dis a mofo, then dis him. Don't come out the box quoting "How You Like Me Now," and then go and apologizes to the guy who you just dissed.

Could you imagine Moe Dee apologizing to LL? Kris apologizing to Shan? Shante apologizing to the Real Roxanne? Hillary Duff apologizing Lindsay Lohan?

Come on man. You ain't no wiling-out-for-the-night-fist-thrower:


Mr. Steele called Mr. Limbaugh after the radio host belittled Mr. Steele on his show, questioning his authority and saying the new Republican leader was off "to a shaky start."

"It's time, Mr. Steele, for you to go behind the scenes and start doing the work that you were elected to do instead of trying to be some talking head media star, which you're having a tough time pulling off," Mr. Limbaugh said, in a transcript of his remarks he posted on his Web site.

"Mr. Steele: You are head of the R.N.C.," Mr. Limbaugh said. "You are not head of the Republican Party. Tens of millions of conservatives and Republicans have nothing to do with the R.N.C. and right now they want nothing to do with it."

Shorter Rush Limbaugh--"Don't make me have to call your name out\Your crew is featherweight\My talk-show will make you levitate..."

1 comment:

David Evans said...

When I heard that Rush was going to take the "reigns" of the conservative republican party, at first I thought it was a publicity stunt. I listen to the Rush Limbaugh show here and there, I am by no means a ditto head, I catch the show after listing to Glenn Beck. Having said that, it surprises me
that Rush would get distracted by what he does best, a talk show with his favorite guest, namely himself, a talk show about his favorite topic, Rush's opinions on every thing and finally a forum that he feels completely comfortable in, a radio studio. Controlling the phone lines and therefore controlling dissenting opinions does have it's advantages.

I recall, when former President Clinton won the presidency in 1992, every body was calling the Rush's show saying that he was now out of "vogue" and that the Democratic party was the latest and greatest, Rush just said "Oh Really, Oh Really ?". He was right about those remarks his radio ratings keep soaring upwards until his show was the number one radio talk show in America. I view the fact that Rush's responses to Obama electoral victory, "taking command" of the Republican
party, as show of adversarial respect to President Obama. I guess winning an presidential election 365 electoral votes to 173 electoral votes will do that.
My question is if you are a Republican representative, do you really want a political radio shock jock speaking for your party? Rush just received a 8 year, 400 million dollars deal with clear channel and that means getting ratings and there is nothing like controversy for generating ratings. Good luck Mr.Steele.