Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Brett Favre Will NOT Play For The Vikings, Remains Retired


All I can say is thank goodness. I like Brett Favre and all, as a person. But, enough is enough and his decision to opt out of playing for the Minnesota Vikings was the right one. (In my opinion.) This decision didn’t come easy today (July 28th) for the legendary quarterback,

“It was the hardest decision I’ve ever made,” Favre said. “I didn’t feel like physically I could play at a level that was acceptable. I would like to thank everyone, including the Packers, Jets and Vikings — but, most importantly, the fans.”

“I had to be careful not to commit for the wrong reasons,” Favre said. “They were telling me, ‘You went through all this, you had the surgery and you’ve got to finish it off.’ But I have legitimate reasons for my decision. I’m 39 with a lot of sacks to my name.”

Makes sense to me. I congratulate Brett on a remarkable career. I think he will live on in the game forever. Good luck in the next chapter of your life, Favre. You did good.

No comments: