Friday, August 14, 2009

Aerosmith Cancels Tour, Steven Tyler Speaks on Fall

Following its lead singer's serious fall off stage at a South Dakota show, Aerosmith just announced the cancellation of the remainder of their tour:

"In his current condition, Tyler is unable to tour and the band wants to give him time to get healthy," reads the statement from the rockers.

"Words can't express the sadness I feel for having to cancel this tour,” says guitarist Joe Perry. "I would like to thank our loyal fans for sticking by us through thick and thin. We hope we can get the Aerosmith machine up and running again soon."

Meanwhile, Steven Tyler has issued his first public comments on the fall:





"We were in the middle of "Love in an Elevator," Tyler said, "and the band slowly realized something was up. Well, I wasn't gonna go hide under the big top and play ROCK STAR and wait for everything to be fixed.

"I wanted to go out to the crowd to continue the show... so, the Train Kept A- Rollin' and I ran out on the cat walk and grabbed my mic to finish the song. I was doing the Tyler shuffle and then I zigged when I should have zagged... AND I slipped."

"As I live on the edge... I fell off the edge!

"I landed upside down, and after twenty stitches on the back of my head, and a broken left shoulder, I just want to say that I'm plain grateful that I didn't break my neck! In truth, after thousands of live shows, falling off the edge four times ain't too bad."

A good attitude. Here's a video of the Steven Tyler accident ...

No comments: