Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Whitney Houston Talks About Drug Use And Bobby Brown Abuse With Oprah


Whitney Houston “forgot” she was a singer during the depths of her drug addiction. The music star admitted the extent of her substance abuse and the lowest points of her 14-year marriage to singer Bobby Brown during an emotional interview with Oprah Winfrey which aired in the US yesterday.

Referring to her crack cocaine and marijuana use, Whitney, 46, said:

“I didn't think about the singing part anymore. I'd totally forgotten about that life. I had so much money by that time.”

She went on to detail how she and Bobby, 40, would ‘freebase’ crack in marijuana joints, adding:

“We were lacing our marijuana with base. We would buy a kilo. We were not pipe smoking.

“You roll it up and you smoke it in your weed. It's almost like heroin cocaine speedballs but you level it off with marijuana."


Whitney – who separated from Bobby in 2006 and divorced him a year later – claimed her ex-spouse became jealous of her career after she appeared in the worldwide hit 1992 film ‘The Bodyguard’ – after which their drug abuse spiraled out of control.

"I think somewhere inside, something happens to a man when a woman has that much control or has that much fame.

"Emotionally he was abusive. Physically, no way. I was raised with two brothers and I would fight you back with anything I could find.”


She recalled how Bobby’s abuse spilled over one night after she had thrown a birthday party for him. Whitney – who has a 16-year-old daughter Bobbi Kristina with Bobby - recalled:

"When we got back to the house he spit on me. He actually spit on me. And my daughter was coming down the stairs and she saw it. I was angry. I was very hurt. I knew something was going to blow. That was pretty intense.

“I didn't grow up with that and I didn't understand why that occurred – why he had such a hate for me because I loved him so much."


Wow - Whitney really talked about some dirty stuff - drug usage, mental abuse from Bobby. We all knew these things were going on, but to now have the confirmation! Can we expect Bobby to come out with a People exclusive in the next few days?

No comments: