Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Meet the Future President of the ACLU


From the “Things that would have gotten me killed by my parents if I did it when I was a kid” file, a 10-year-old boy in Arkansas is refusing to say the Pledge of Allegiance until gays and lesbians have the right to marry.

That little item aside, the community organizer seedling admits to saying something in class that would have rendered me in even more serious trouble back in the day:

ROBERTS: All right. So, your teacher, who is a substitute teacher at the time, was giving you grief about not standing up. This went on for a few days. What did you eventually say to that teacher?

WILL PHILLIPS: I eventually very solemnly with a little bit of malice in my voice said, “Ma’am, with all due respect, you can go jump off a bridge.”


The kid should still be busy trying to remove his dad’s boot from his ass for being so insolent in class, but instead ends up on CNN. But if you watch the father in the interview, you’ll find out this wasn’t garden variety insolence and lack of respect for authority — it was an “atypical act of juvenile delinquency.”

At the end of the interview, the boy’s father channeled Balloon-Boy’s dad a little bit when asked what his first thought was when he heard about what his son had done: “Before we heard from anybody, my first thought was oh, my God, this is the type of thing you see on CNN.”

Least surprising fact: The boy wants to be a lawyer.

Most surprising fact: CNN’s John Roberts claims to have never heard the term “Gaywad” before:

No comments: