Thursday, December 17, 2009

Iron Man 2 Trailer

There are some who feel that Jon Favreau’s Iron Man is perhaps the best comic book movie ever made. Although I’m not in that particular camp, I can agree that the first movie was a lot of fun, and that Robert Downey Jr. was the perfect man to play Tony Stark. So what will they do for an encore? Well, I’m not too familiar with the Iron Man comics, so when people started talking about characters like Whiplash and Black Widow entering the mix, it meant absolutely nothing to me. However, with the addition of Mickey Rourke, Scarlett Johansson, Sam Rockwell and Don Cheadle to the cast, I think there are plenty of reasons to be interested.

The first trailer for Iron Man 2 has finally hit the web, and it starts off by playing up Tony Stark’s celebrity lifestyle once again, until eventually Whiplash steps in to ruin his fun. The effects look impressive, but I gotta say… the character looks a little goofy! We also get brief glimpses of Black Widow and War Machine, and maybe a half second shot of Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury. But hey, this is just the first trailer. I’m sure we’ll be seeing a lot more of this movie before it hits theatres on May 7th. Either way this looks like money in the bank, and I’m fairly confident that Favreau will deliver once again. Check out the trailer after the jump, or watch it on Apple.com and let us know what you think.

No comments: