Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Lil Wayne's Prison Stint Delayed By Dental Appointment

New York, NY, United States (CNS) - Lil Wayne's teeth have saved him a few more weeks of freedom. The "Lollipop" emcee was scheduled to be formally sentenced for his weapons possession case on Tuesday, but had to be rescheduled because he has a date with the dentist.

The 27-year-old rapper was expected to turn himself in jail after his sentencing for the 2007 gun possession case. However, Wayne - Dwayne Carter Jr. - has to fix his dental braces on February 12 before he gets thrown in jail, according to TMZ.

The Manhattan judge gave him until March 2, his next court date, to show up with newly fixed teeth.

As per the deal he made with prosecutors in October, Wayne will plead guilty to a reduced charge of attempted gun possession. He was originally facing as long as 15 years behind bars, but he is now expected to serve up to 10 months.

He spent what he thought was the final night of his freedom saying goodbye to his fans in a live streaming video.

He said, "To all my fans, my real fans, I really, really, really truly love you. I love you with all of me, for real. I'll probably be loving everything else because I love you so much. Thank you from the bottom. Do not forget me 'cause I will forever think about you, and I cannot wait for you to see me again. I'm out."

No comments: