Friday, May 7, 2010

Film: Review: Iron Man 2



by Alex Billington

Now that you've seen it, what did you think? It only took two years for Marvel Studios and director Jon Favreau to return with a sequel to the smash hit Iron Man, but it's here and it's time to talk Iron Man 2. How did it live up to the first movie? Was better or on par or much worse? How was Robert Downey Jr. as the always entertaining Tony Stark once again? Was Don Cheadle a worthy replacement as Rhodey and also a badass War Machine? What did you think of Mickey Rourke's villain? How was the storyline leading into The Avengers? If you've seen it, leave a comment below and let us know what you thought of Iron Man 2!

To fuel the fire, I enjoyed Iron Man 2, but I didn't actually think it was better than the first movie (which I don't totally love anyway) and overall I thought it was fun but not incredible. Why? Well, it's not a flawless movie and while I do think it's incredibly fun to watch, and visually spectacular, the story just didn't feel as exciting and inventive as the original. It becomes just a "filler" movie leading up to The Avengers, which is now all I care about (and Thor). Plus, I thought Downey Jr'.s Tony Stark bickering and that drunken scuffle with Rhodey were a little much this time. It's good, just not great, in my honest opinion. But that's just me!

What did you think of Iron Man 2? Another awesome Marvel movie another sequel let down?

No comments: