Friday, June 25, 2010

Wizards Take John Wall First Overall, 76ers Grab Evan Turner

by Brian Ethridge

As most anticipated, the Washington Wizards grabbed Kentucky star John Wall with their first overall pick in the NBA draft which led the way for the Philadelphia 76ers to take Evan Turner with the Second pick.



“I feel like I had pressure since I became No. 1 in high school and was one of the top players,” Wall said. “I always got there hungry wanting to fight hard and compete in every game, so when I step on the court I’m going to take on any challenge there.”



Unlike the NFL draft

, there were no huge surprises in Thursday night’s NBA draft. Everyone expected Wall and Turner to go 1-2 and that’s exactly what happened. Derrick Favors was selected third overall by the Nets, the Wolves landed Wesley Johnson and the Kings rounded out the top 5 by grabbing DeMarcus Cousins.



I pretty much knew John was going to 1 and Evan was going 2, but I had no idea I was going to the Nets, and when they called me I was just excited,” Favors said.



This draft was loaded and I’m very anxious to see how these future stars all pan out.

No comments: