Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Glenn Beck has Macular Dystrophy

Glenn Beck has macular dystrophy. Glenn Beck says macular dystrophy could leave him blind in one year. The revelation came by Beck in front of 6000 fans at the Salt Lake City stop of his AMerican Revival Tour.




The Fox News host told the crowd: “A couple of weeks ago I went to the doctor because of my eyes, I can’t focus my eyes…he did all kinds of tests and he said, ‘you have macular dystrophy …you could go blind in the next year. Or, you might not.’ “



He joked “I said, did you just charge me a thousand dollars for knowing what I knew my whole life?”



Beck used the moment to slam Obama’s health care plans.”I went to the best doctor I could find, while I could still go to the best doctor I can find.”



He joked further “I thought to myself in that time, ‘I’m too darn lazy to learn Braille.’” “What is macular dystrophy? Is that that Jerry Lewis thing telethon that he does? Because I should have given more.”



Beck got choked up when he said how much he loved to read. “I truly came to a place that is the greatest blessing. Lord, if you need my eyes, they’re yours. They were yours the whole time anyway. Thank you for letting me see as long as I have. That’s a blessing.”

No comments: