Friday, August 13, 2010

Rihanna Tattoo Switcharoo



Today's News NJ  reports that Rihanna sort of screwed up her new tattoo, in that the French syntax is wrong:
The music superstar’s newest ink reads “rebelle fleur,” but someone forgot to tell the ‘Rude Boy’ singer that in French, adjectives typically follow the nouns they modify. To translate as “rebel flower,” which we assume is what she intended, that tattoo should read “fleur rebelle.”
Shut UP. I don’t know, but this just seems like a pretentious nit-picky thing, even though the criticism is absolutely correct. I’m sure it makes no sense, though I don’t speak French because I’m a true AMERICAN.* There’s just something about the phrase “in French, adjectives typically follow the nouns they modify” that makes me want to just syntax f*ck up. Anyway, I’m sure Rihanna doesn’t care. The kind of person that gets a side ‘o the neck tattoo probably doesn’t care if the words are a wee bit mixed up. Or maybe she meant to switch them around because she’s a rebel (flower). A grammar rebel (flower). Either way, looks good. For a neck tattoo.
*I got that from my file labeled “Jokes from 2001″

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, I like this singer so I love whatever she does. I would love to see all Rihanna tattoos. I have heard that she got more than 20 tattoos over her body. It sounds good. I wish I could get one too but it hurts really badly.