Tuesday, August 3, 2010

T.I. Gives Speech, Laptops to K.I.N.G. Camp Attendees by Sherri L. Smith

T.I. Gives Speech, Laptops to K.I.N.G. Camp Attendees
We all heard rapper Trick Daddy declare his love for the kids, but maybe he should take a page out of T.I.’s book. The King of the South recently gifted all the young attendees of his King Camp with a new laptop to help them in their academic endeavors.
“This is not a gift,” says the Atlanta rapper, “this is a reward. There’s a difference. It’s a reward for all your hard work, your dedication, and your resilience.”
According to T.I.’s site, K.I.N.G. was a 12-week progam designed to uplift urban youth by introducing a shift in thinking, encouraging the kids to become leaders in their communities. The kids were also given rewards based on conduct, leadership, academic achievement, and sportsmanship.
On the comments section on YouTube, one of the parents, thinkpolitics leaves a glowing review of both the camp and the gift.

“I AM A PARENT OF A CHILD THAT ATTENDED KING CAMP.MY SON HAS HAD,WHAT HE CALLS, THE BEST SUMMER EVER.HE IS GOING TO THE SIXTH GRADE AND I BELIEVE THAT KING CAMP HAS GIVEN HIM THE TOOLS BE A LEADER AND CONFIDENT IN WHO HE IS AND WHAT HE CAN BECOME. HE WAS ALSO ONE OF THE? STUDENTS THAT RECEIVED A LAPTOP. THIS EXPERIENCE HAS TAUGHT HIM THAT ,YES,NEW THINGS CAN BE SCARY.BUT,WITH DETERMINATION YOU CAN ACHIEVE GREAT THINGS.

***THANK YOU TIP,YOU ARE SERIOUSLY CHANGING LIVES***”

In addition to the laptops, T.I. also gave a rousing speech to encourage the attendees to take control of their lives and be the best they could be. It’s a great example of how to save a young boy’s life with tec

No comments: