Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Chris Rainey charged with aggravated stalking

chris rainey 212x214 Chris Rainey charged with aggravated stalking
Junior wide receiver Chris Rainey of the Florida Gators was arrested early this morning after sending a woman threatening text messages. Allegedly, one of the messages he sent to her said “time to die” when she failed to answer a phone call from him.
Once officers arrived at the woman’s residence, Rainey allegedly said “wait and see what happens when they leave.” At that point, officers went to Rainey’s on-campus residence and arrested him.
In court Tuesday, the woman involved, Kelly Anderson, said: “I did not want to have him arrested last night. When the police came, I signed papers to not press any charges. I don’t fear for my safety. I think he should be released on his own recognizance.”
Rainey, who left last week’s South Florida game with a concussion, was expected to play this weekend according to head coach Urban Meyer. But less than 12 hours after making that statement, this incident occurred.
Interesting to see how this one is handled. My guess? He’ll get a slap on the wrist and be forced to sit out the first series.

No comments: