Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Harry Reid: “I Had Nothing To Do” With Economic Collapse


Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-NV, backed by other 
Democratic Senators, speaks during a news conference after a Senate vote
 the Democrats say provides emergency funding that would prevent mass 
layoffs of teachers and first responders across the nation on Capitol 
Hill in Washington on August 4, 2010.  UPI/Roger L. Wollenberg Photo via
 Newscom
See, it was all just Bush’s fault. Harry Reid has been trying to protect the economy.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid insists that despite his powerful post he had “nothing to do” with the economic downturn.
Reid’s home state of Nevada has been hit hard by falling home prices and foreclosures, but in an interview Tuesday on ABC’s “Top Line” Reid said he’s not to blame.
“You know that I had nothing to do with the massive foreclosures here,” Reid said. “You know that I had nothing to do with these unemployment figures.
“In fact, I’ve worked hard to change them,” he added. “My job is to create jobs. My opponent says that is not her job to create jobs. And I think that is really wrong. I think it is my job to create jobs, and I’ve done my best. Is there more that needs to take place? Of course, there is.”
Reid contended that the recession was the fault of the Bush administration and Republicans, saying “I don’t have any hand in what took place during the Bush administration. I tried to rein that in.”
Reid tried to rein it in by…voting for $787 billion in deficit spending? Voting for trillions on bank bailouts? Voting for spending that has created over $1 trillion in budget deficits? Voting to increase the minimum wage and expand unemployment benefits, both burdens that are carried by businesses who we want to create jobs?
Reid is also supporting a regulatory environment that has most businesses sitting on their money as opposed to investing it in expanding their operations and hiring more workers. People don’t know what is going to come from the Democrat controlled federal government next, and it’s stagnating our economy.
But no, Harry Reid didn’t do anything to hurt the economy. Just ask him.

No comments: