Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Reggie Bush to be asked to return Heisman.

This is just a quick note. I just heard on the Dan Patrick radio show that Reggie Bush is going to be asked to return the Heisman. There will be no re-vote and Vince Young will not be awarded the trophy. The Heisman Trophy Trust does not want to re-vote the award and will not give it to Young.

They plan to leave the award for that year blank. This is being reported by Yahoo Sports.

Do you think they are right to strip the award from Bush? It does seem to me that if you were not eligible to play; how can you be eligible to win? I think that if they are going to strip it from Bush, they should award it to Young. I don’t like the idea of the re-vote. Too much water has gone under the bridge. What do you think? As always you can respond here on the blog or to my email address at rbtjsmith@comcast.net.

No comments: