Thursday, October 14, 2010

T.I. Talks Suicidal Man Out of Jumping Off Skyscraper

LAS VEGAS - AUGUST 17: Rapper and actor Tip 'T.I.' Harris appears 
at the after party for a screening of the movie 'Takers' at Lagasse's 
Stadium at The Palazzo August 17, 2010 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The film 
opens nationwide in the United States on August 27. (Photo by Ethan 
Miller/Getty Images)
Rapper T.I. successfully convinced a suicidal man to step away from the edge of a towering skyscraper. The man, whose name has not been released, was on top of a 22-story Atlanta skyscraper. T.I. heard about the situation on the radio, and immediately drove down to the building where a crowd has gathered, where he volunteered to help police talk to the man in question. The man agreed to come down from the top of the building, in exchange for a few minutes with the famous rapper.  UsMagazine.com reports that T.I. later said about the incident:
“I told him it ain’t that bad. It’ll get better, to put the time and effort into making it better, I just reminded him … it looks bad right now, but it can turn around.”
The man was later taken to hospital. T.I. is due back in court this Friday – he was arrested last month for possession of drugs.

1 comment:

Kim said...

eh..publicity stunt..it may not have been for the young man, but it was for TI...his attorneys sure used in in his hearing the other day.