Tuesday, October 26, 2010

T.I.’s drug case has been magically dropped!


T.I. was recently sentenced to 11 months in prison for violating his probation, but in a legalistic irony, the drug case that got him in trouble has been dropped.
T.I. and his wife, Tameka “Tiny” Cottle, were arrested Sept. 1 in L.A. after police said they smelled marijuana coming from their car during a traffic stop. According to papers filed today, the Los Angeles County District Attorney is no longer pursuing charges against T.I., specifically because an Atlanta judge has already ordered him back to prison. The District Attorney’s office declined to comment on reports suggesting that there may have been additional issues with the evidence against T.I.
“The Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office’s decision to reject T.I.’s case was the right thing to do under the circumstances,” said lead defense attorney Steve Sadow in a statement provided to EW. “Both his Los Angeles defense attorney Blair Berk and myself commend the LADAO for exercising its discretion to reject prosecution in light of the legal and factual issues involved.”
Magic works when you’re a celeb…..

No comments: