Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tyler Perry: ‘Spike Lee Can Go Straight To Hell’

Tyler Perry has been waging a war of words with Spike Lee ever since the latter described Perry’s sitcoms Meet the Browns and House of Payne as “coonery” and “buffoonery.” Sick and filthy (that’s creole speak for tired) of the criticism, Perry let his nuts hang by lambasting Lee during a press conference in Beverly Hills on Tuesday.
“I’m so sick of hearing about damn Spike Lee. Spike can go straight to hell! You can print that. I am sick of him talking about me, I am sick of him saying, ‘This is a coon; this is a buffoon.’ I am sick of him talking about black people going to see movies. This is what he said: ‘You vote by what you see,’ as if black people don’t know what they want to see.”
“I am sick of him — he talked about Whoopi, he talked about Oprah, he talked about me, he talked about Clint Eastwood. Spike needs to shut the hell up! I’ve never seen Jewish people attack Seinfeld and say, ‘This is a stereotype.’”
“I’ve never seen Italian people attack The Sopranos, I’ve never seen Jewish people complaining about Mrs. Doubtfire or Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie. I never saw it. It’s always black people, and this is something that I cannot undo. … We don’t have to worry about anybody else trying to destroy us and take shots because we do it to ourselves.” (source)

No comments: