Wednesday, August 11, 2021

3 Ways To Support The Ingenuity Of Our Black Boys

If you’re interested in sharing your opinion on any cultural, political or personal topic, create an account here and check out our how-to post to learn more.

Opinions are the writer’s own and not those of Blavity's.

____

Black male youth do not represent a problem to solve, but rather a solution to elevate.

Often when I discuss my work as the leader of an intensive mentoring program for Black male youth, people assume that I am doing charity or working to “save” otherwise hapless young people. I would say it is quite the opposite. As the Executive Director of The Hidden Genius Project, every day I have given to this work constitutes an investment in a better future for society at large.

One key investment in the future prosperity of our economy is a thriving and empowered Black male youth population. There are myriad paths to get there, but through my work I have learned that belief is imperative. Accordingly, I offer three major lessons from my personal and professional journey to illustrate the power of belief in our Black boys and young men.

Read full Article 

No comments: