Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Rihanna announces Loud new song, “Only Girl (In the World)”

By Alex Young

How’s this for a productive morning? In the last two hours, Rihanna has not only announced details of a brand new album, but also dropped a brand new song. And you thought we were busy.

Just one year after releasing Rated R, the Grammy Award winning musician will return on November 2nd with Loud. The record will be proceed by the release of single number one “Only Girl (In the World)”, which was debuted earlier this morning on Ryan Seacrest’s radio show.

“I’m done recording the whole album,” Rihanna revealed on her official fansite Rihanna Daily (via MTV). “I made sure not to let you down with my music! You guys are always defending me, so now you’ve got some great songs to justify it. I didn’t want to go backward and remake [2007's] Good Girl Gone Bad. I wanted the next step in the evolution of Rihanna, and it’s perfect for us.”

That next evolution, at least per an initial listen of “Only Girl (In the World)”, is a electro-heavy departure from the material included on Rated R. Norwegian production team Stargate, which previously collaborated with Rihanna for “Don’t Stop The Music” and “Hate That I Love You”, produced the track, and you can stream it below: Only Girl (In the World) by popboi

No comments: