Thursday, April 7, 2011

Glenn Beck Explains Why He's Leaving FOX News

FOX News host Glenn Beck announced Wednesday he would be ending his highly rated daily program on the FOX News Channel at the end of the year, but will continue "to develop and produce a variety of television projects for air" on FOX News and other related digital platforms.

Beck used the last few minutes of his show on Wednesday to explain his departure. "When I took this job I didn't take it because it was going to be a career for me. Paul Revere did not get up on the horse and say, 'I'm going to do this for the rest of my life.' He didn't do it. He got off his horse at some point and fought in the revolution, and then he went back to silversmithing."
Watch!

It was rumored Beck had a contentious relationship with FOX, despite the popularity of his program -- the third highest-rated show on the channel.

No comments: